Sunday, September 20, 2015

Underworld -- Don DeLillo

So, I remember that Ian's best friend, Julian, had given him this book for his birthday back in 99 or 00.  He was really mad because he doesn't read, and thought it was inconsiderate, considering that Julian should have known better. Ian was the king of well thought out gifts.  Julian insisted that if he were to read one book, it should be this. So I read it. Or at least, i started to.  I was also doing my Master's at the time, so i didn't have so much time to devote to it, and it really is a brick of a book.  Anyways, i remember really enjoying it and bring annoyed that Ian wouldn't let me take it back to Greece with me because it had been a birthday present, even if he wasn't going to read it.  Finding it at The Odyssey, I remembered my desire to finish it, but to my dismay, in finding it a real struggle.  It starts off with baseball in Golden Age America, and that's where I'm stuck.  I don't think I will haul it back to California with me next week, it really is a brick of a book.  I'll try again next year.  Def. didn't affect my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment