Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Ultimate Frontier -- Kueshana

Super interesting, but after a few pages raging alarm bells go off.  I picked up this book because it was the only thing in English at the house in Samothraki.  We pulled the beds outside and I feel asleep reading under the stars.  Last year I had a lot of trouble sleeping for some time, until one night when I envisioned my ideal sleeping environment, outside, in a cove of trees with an opening to the night sky. It worked, I felt safe and embraced.  Whenever i feel too crazy to sleep, i envision that cozy cove around me, and I'm alseep in seconds.  The second night I feel asleep in Pano's yard in Samothraki, I realized that I was experiencing the exact thing I had pulled from the ether in my room in Ventura.  Strange that this is the night I would begin reading a book that explains that we are essentially existing in four coexistent, interpenetrating bodies; the physical (our bodies, bound to time and of which we are most aware), the Vital body, which exists on the etheric plane, maintaining the spark of life, responsible for the phenomena ascribed to the genes; the astral body, which is on the third plane of existence, which we use after three death of the physical body; and the mental body, which is our highest form of awareness.  Coincidence/irony that i am reading about the astral body which is not bound by time on the night I realize I've already been where I am at that moment, book in hand.  These concepts are not new or innovative, but interesting to revisit and form a deeper understanding of.  However, in reading reviews of this book, I can see where the alarm bells are coming from... Eklal Kueshana is the nom de plume given to the author and autobiographer, Richard Kieninger, by "the mysterious Dr. White, who tells him that he is The Judge of Israel, responsible for choosing the enlightened and starting a new society with the teachings he will receive from the Masters throughout his life.  Creepers. I was enjoying the story until I realized that he would go on to predict the end of America in 1976, and of the world in may 2001.  Later editions conveniently leave these dates out. Anyways, it's still an interesting read, if you aren't too worried about the people he duped into liquidating everything to move to his society in Stelle Il. I'm kind of looking forward to the chapters on how the world will end 14 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment